It’s a Family Affair
The Kellermans discuss the secrets of mystery writing.
Videosmore videos >
Mystery Loves Company: A Discussion with the Kellermans
Acclaimed mystery writers Jonathan and Faye Kellerman, along with their son, Jesse, and daughter, Aliza, discuss how their liberal arts educations have impacted both their approach…Video by Mira Zimet
Suspense novelist Jonathan Kellerman ’74 and his wife, novelist Faye Kellerman joined their son, novelist and playwright Jesse Kellerman and their daughter, budding novelist Aliza Kellerman in a fascinating conversation on the art of writing mysteries during a March 26 Visions and Voices event.
Organized by USC College and moderated by College Dean Howard Gillman, the Kellermans shed light on having so many writers in one family and the remarkable staying power of crime writing.
Faye and Aliza, the youngest Kellerman child, have recently co-written the young adult novel Prism. Jonathan Kellerman, clinical professor of psychology in the College, wrote his first novel in 1985 and has written at least one best-selling novel each year since. Faye Kellerman is also a best-selling author with more than 20 million copies of her novels in print. Jesse Kellerman has written three novels and his award-winning plays have been produced throughout the U.S. and in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Related News Items
- Japan, Spies and the Roman Empire February 17, 2015
- Grotesque Yet Beloved February 13, 2015
- ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ January 27, 2015
- Moment of Truth January 15, 2015
- The Only Way is Up December 22, 2014
- Art’s Digital Revolution December 16, 2014
- The Art and Science of Peppermint December 8, 2014
- Brave New World December 2, 2014
- As Young as You Feel November 20, 2014
- Fan Your Feathers November 19, 2014
- In My Opinion: All Grown Up November 10, 2014
- The Best of the West November 7, 2014
- Technology and the Humanities October 20, 2014
- My Name Is Water October 16, 2014
- Got English? October 15, 2014
- Socially Conscious Actor October 8, 2014
- Schwarz Wins Lifetime Award September 30, 2014
- In Memoriam: Richard F. Thompson, 84 September 20, 2014
- Perloff to Receive Humanities Medal September 18, 2014
- Welcome New Faculty September 16, 2014