It’s a Family Affair
The Kellermans discuss the secrets of mystery writing.
Videosmore videos >
Mystery Loves Company: A Discussion with the Kellermans
Acclaimed mystery writers Jonathan and Faye Kellerman, along with their son, Jesse, and daughter, Aliza, discuss how their liberal arts educations have impacted both their approach…Video by Mira Zimet
Suspense novelist Jonathan Kellerman ’74 and his wife, novelist Faye Kellerman joined their son, novelist and playwright Jesse Kellerman and their daughter, budding novelist Aliza Kellerman in a fascinating conversation on the art of writing mysteries during a March 26 Visions and Voices event.
Organized by USC College and moderated by College Dean Howard Gillman, the Kellermans shed light on having so many writers in one family and the remarkable staying power of crime writing.
Faye and Aliza, the youngest Kellerman child, have recently co-written the young adult novel Prism. Jonathan Kellerman, clinical professor of psychology in the College, wrote his first novel in 1985 and has written at least one best-selling novel each year since. Faye Kellerman is also a best-selling author with more than 20 million copies of her novels in print. Jesse Kellerman has written three novels and his award-winning plays have been produced throughout the U.S. and in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Related News Items
- A Gift for Better Eating July 28, 2015
- To Wit July 14, 2015
- Claudia Rankine Joins English Department July 6, 2015
- The Smell of Suspicion June 30, 2015
- Data King June 24, 2015
- Parents’ yelling takes heavy toll on teens June 22, 2015
- Forgotten Memories June 11, 2015
- Wonder of the West June 1, 2015
- In Her Element: Kina Grannis June 1, 2015
- Soul of the Machine May 19, 2015
- A Prophetic T-shirt May 14, 2015
- Three of the Best May 13, 2015
- Spread the Word May 12, 2015
- Unlocking Erotic Intelligence May 7, 2015
- Symposium Synergy April 29, 2015
- In Memoriam: Sarnoff Mednick, 87 April 23, 2015
- Understanding Suspense April 9, 2015
- A Century of Voices April 7, 2015
- Dyer Joins English Department March 27, 2015
- Binder Clip, Anyone? March 26, 2015