It’s a Family Affair
The Kellermans discuss the secrets of mystery writing.
Videosmore videos >
Mystery Loves Company: A Discussion with the Kellermans
Acclaimed mystery writers Jonathan and Faye Kellerman, along with their son, Jesse, and daughter, Aliza, discuss how their liberal arts educations have impacted both their approach…Video by Mira Zimet
Suspense novelist Jonathan Kellerman ’74 and his wife, novelist Faye Kellerman joined their son, novelist and playwright Jesse Kellerman and their daughter, budding novelist Aliza Kellerman in a fascinating conversation on the art of writing mysteries during a March 26 Visions and Voices event.
Organized by USC College and moderated by College Dean Howard Gillman, the Kellermans shed light on having so many writers in one family and the remarkable staying power of crime writing.
Faye and Aliza, the youngest Kellerman child, have recently co-written the young adult novel Prism. Jonathan Kellerman, clinical professor of psychology in the College, wrote his first novel in 1985 and has written at least one best-selling novel each year since. Faye Kellerman is also a best-selling author with more than 20 million copies of her novels in print. Jesse Kellerman has written three novels and his award-winning plays have been produced throughout the U.S. and in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Related News Items
- Welcome New Faculty September 16, 2014
- Game On September 4, 2014
- Meet the 2014 Provost Postdoctoral Scholars August 28, 2014
- Never Routine — Class of ’18 August 22, 2014
- From Berlin to Baghdad? August 12, 2014
- Virtually Cured July 31, 2014
- Pretending: Not Just Play July 24, 2014
- Sanchez’s Vision for Diversity July 10, 2014
- Life Goes On July 2, 2014
- Early CAREER Award May 27, 2014
- Symposium Superstars May 14, 2014
- What Women Want May 13, 2014
- Selfie-Esteem May 5, 2014
- The Brain Is a ‘Prediction Machine’ April 30, 2014
- H20 Robo Kids April 8, 2014
- From Melville to Medieval India April 3, 2014
- The Forgotten Holocaust April 3, 2014
- Early Career Award March 27, 2014
- One Busy Student March 18, 2014
- A Deeper Connection March 14, 2014