USC Shoah Foundation Institute Announces New Web Site
Resource offers tools for students and educators.
The institute’s visual history archive contains nearly 52,000 testimonies from survivors and other witnesses of the Holocaust. It is the largest archive of its kind in the world.
Visitors to the new Web site can use the online testimony viewer to watch clips of testimony that cover topics such as life before the war, life in the ghettos and camps, liberation, and life after the war.
Numerous resources for educators are available on the new site. These include online exhibits and classroom products and lessons, such as “Segments for the Classroom,” a set of downloadable clip reels that teachers can use to create original lessons for their students. There is also a multilingual section with content for educators of students who speak languages other than English.
USC students, faculty, and staff can explore the archive from any computer on campus that is part of the USC network.
The mission of the USC Shoah Foundation Institute is to overcome prejudice, intolerance and bigotry — and the suffering they cause — through the educational use of the visual history testimonies. For more information, visit college.usc.edu/vhi.
Related News Items
- Institute Debuts Directory of Armenian Genocide Commemorations February 25, 2015
- Doubling-down February 24, 2015
- Money Talks February 24, 2015
- Japan, Spies and the Roman Empire February 17, 2015
- Grotesque Yet Beloved February 13, 2015
- Life as a ‘Half Immigrant’ February 3, 2015
- 100 Survivors Gather January 27, 2015
- Firsthand Lessons of Auschwitz January 27, 2015
- Remembering Auschwitz January 20, 2015
- Blood and Tears in Volhynia January 13, 2015
- You’re Invited January 9, 2015
- Trombley Joins The Huntington December 18, 2014
- Achieving Accountability December 16, 2014
- The Art and Science of Peppermint December 8, 2014
- Brave New World December 2, 2014
- ‘We Are One People’ December 1, 2014
- Hub of Armenian Studies November 25, 2014
- Trajectories of Schindler’s List November 14, 2014
- The Best of the West November 7, 2014
- France to Access Testimony November 5, 2014