USC Shoah Foundation Institute Announces New Web Site
Resource offers tools for students and educators.
The institute’s visual history archive contains nearly 52,000 testimonies from survivors and other witnesses of the Holocaust. It is the largest archive of its kind in the world.
Visitors to the new Web site can use the online testimony viewer to watch clips of testimony that cover topics such as life before the war, life in the ghettos and camps, liberation, and life after the war.
Numerous resources for educators are available on the new site. These include online exhibits and classroom products and lessons, such as “Segments for the Classroom,” a set of downloadable clip reels that teachers can use to create original lessons for their students. There is also a multilingual section with content for educators of students who speak languages other than English.
USC students, faculty, and staff can explore the archive from any computer on campus that is part of the USC network.
The mission of the USC Shoah Foundation Institute is to overcome prejudice, intolerance and bigotry — and the suffering they cause — through the educational use of the visual history testimonies. For more information, visit college.usc.edu/vhi.
Related News Items
- Auschwitz: The Past is Present October 16, 2014
- In Memoriam: Harriet Herta Forster, 97 October 3, 2014
- Dean Kay Appoints New Armenian Institute Director and Faculty August 18, 2014
- From Berlin to Baghdad? August 12, 2014
- Estebanico’s Turn to Speak July 29, 2014
- Life Goes On July 2, 2014
- Sanchez Selected AHA-PCB President June 24, 2014
- ‘Eternal Flame of Testimony’ May 8, 2014
- A Case for Balancing Your Checkbook April 28, 2014
- From Melville to Medieval India April 3, 2014
- The Forgotten Holocaust April 3, 2014
- In Memoriam: Peter A. Berton, 91 April 2, 2014
- Tales from Two Cities March 6, 2014
- She’s an American Girl March 3, 2014
- From China to L.A. January 28, 2014
- No Lie January 22, 2014
- A Banner Day January 16, 2014
- One Cool Cat December 13, 2013
- Law With Social Impact December 12, 2013
- Explaining Korea to the World November 27, 2013