Capturing CASE Gold
Videosmore videos >
Turning the Tide
The USC Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies is creating new pathways for a sustainable world through research, education and outreach.
The USC Dornsife Office of Communication, led by Associate Dean for Communication Emily Cavalcanti, and in collaboration with the USC Wrigley Institute (WIES) directed by Roberta Marinelli and the USC Dornsife Office of Advancement led by Senior Associate Dean for Advancement Neil Macready, has won a gold 2014 Circle of Excellence award from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
The USC Wrigley Institute brochure was recognized with the award in the institutional relations-promotional publications category.
Designed by Pentagram with original photography by Corey Arnold, the brochure’s production was overseen by Cavalcanti and Marinelli. Additional support was provided by Katie Chvostal, WIES development officer; Ann Close, WIES associate director; Jessica Dutton, WIES postdoctoral research associate; Dan Knapp, director of production; Phillip Taylor, executive director of research advancement and federal relations; freelance communications specialist Susan Wampler; and Robert Woolley, director of development.
Earlier this year, the same publication won two awards in the District VII CASE competition, which includes institutions in Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah: a silver for individual fundraising publications and a bronze for excellence in design (multi-page publications/folders).
Since 2009, the USC Dornsife Office of Communication has earned a total of 26 CASE Awards of Excellence at the district level and three awards from the national CASE organization. The team has also received eight accolades from the University and College Designers Association in the past two years.
Related News Items
- World’s Most Influential Scientists July 17, 2014
- Alumnus Goes Full Speed Ahead July 10, 2014
- Sanchez’s Vision for Diversity July 10, 2014
- Venus Flytrap of the Sea June 19, 2014
- Kelp Watch 2014 May 27, 2014
- Plugging into the Red Sea May 22, 2014
- Academic Honors Convocation April 29, 2014
- Bottjer Earns Top Paleontology Award April 15, 2014
- Color Him Smart April 1, 2014
- Wild or Farmed? March 19, 2014
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow March 18, 2014
- Haselwandter, Dickman Earn Sloan Fellowships February 20, 2014
- USC Dornsife Receives Regional CASE Kudos February 20, 2014
- The Task at Land (and Sea and Air) February 7, 2014
- Gioia Honored for His Poetry February 4, 2014
- USC Dornsife Dean Receives Honorary Degree January 30, 2014
- A Presidential Honoree January 28, 2014
- Pacific Rim Professor January 22, 2014
- Lyon Earns Provost’s Mentoring Award January 21, 2014
- Engaging Professor January 8, 2014