Capturing CASE Gold
Videosmore videos >
Turning the Tide
The USC Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies is creating new pathways for a sustainable world through research, education and outreach.
The USC Dornsife Office of Communication, led by Associate Dean for Communication Emily Cavalcanti, and in collaboration with the USC Wrigley Institute (WIES) directed by Roberta Marinelli and the USC Dornsife Office of Advancement led by Senior Associate Dean for Advancement Neil Macready, has won a gold 2014 Circle of Excellence award from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
The USC Wrigley Institute brochure was recognized with the award in the institutional relations-promotional publications category.
Designed by Pentagram with original photography by Corey Arnold, the brochure’s production was overseen by Cavalcanti and Marinelli. Additional support was provided by Katie Chvostal, WIES development officer; Ann Close, WIES associate director; Jessica Dutton, WIES postdoctoral research associate; Dan Knapp, director of production; Phillip Taylor, executive director of research advancement and federal relations; freelance communications specialist Susan Wampler; and Robert Woolley, director of development.
Earlier this year, the same publication won two awards in the District VII CASE competition, which includes institutions in Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah: a silver for individual fundraising publications and a bronze for excellence in design (multi-page publications/folders).
Since 2009, the USC Dornsife Office of Communication has earned a total of 26 CASE Awards of Excellence at the district level and three awards from the national CASE organization. The team has also received eight accolades from the University and College Designers Association in the past two years.
Related News Items
- Waterman Awarded Prestigious Dan David Prize February 11, 2015
- The People’s Academic February 9, 2015
- Miss Christi Gets Green December 16, 2014
- Kamuf Knighted by France December 8, 2014
- Recognition for Pratt’s Work November 18, 2014
- $9.7 Million NIH Award October 17, 2014
- Schwarz Wins Lifetime Award September 30, 2014
- Chemists Dispel Long-held Notion September 26, 2014
- A Scientific Hot SPOT September 25, 2014
- Getting All Sides September 23, 2014
- Perloff to Receive Humanities Medal September 18, 2014
- Chilton Wins Marine Award September 10, 2014
- Thompson and Christe Lauded by ACS September 4, 2014
- World’s Most Influential Scientists July 17, 2014
- Alumnus Goes Full Speed Ahead July 10, 2014
- Sanchez’s Vision for Diversity July 10, 2014
- Venus Flytrap of the Sea June 19, 2014
- Kelp Watch 2014 May 27, 2014
- Plunging into the Red Sea May 22, 2014
- Academic Honors Convocation April 29, 2014