These superheroes are fighting against human suffering and pollution, and to keep the desert tortoise alive. Now the environmental avengers remove their masks.
These young alumni from USC Dornsife’s dynamic Environmental Studies Program pursue a host of professional paths — from law to medicine, business and conservation — and are united by their shared interest in making the world a healthier place for all. Whether it’s briefing Gov. Jerry Brown on issues or rising at 3 a.m. to beat the punishing desert heat to track threatened desert tortoises, these heroes are fighting the good fight.
|Brian Rodysill '12
Rodysill is attending medical school at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minn. He graduated from USC Dornsife with a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies and a minor in natural science.
|Stephen Holle '13
Holle is a reserve administrator at the Los Angeles environmental nonprofit Climate Action Reserve. He graduated from USC Dornsife with a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies with a concentration in sustainability.
Illustrations by Niklas Asker for USC Dornsife Magazine
Related News Items
- On the Pulse March 19, 2015
- Hero of the Reefs March 9, 2015
- Irani Pledges Support for Residential College March 2, 2015
- Racing with Style February 25, 2015
- Looking the Wrong Way February 20, 2015
- Her Heart’s in the Far East February 13, 2015
- Write on Target February 6, 2015
- Becoming a Giver January 28, 2015
- The Accidental Attorney January 26, 2015
- When Disaster Strikes January 21, 2015
- In Memoriam: Andrew Manning, 42 January 5, 2015
- Zamperini Honored at Rose Parade January 5, 2015
- Saluting the Unbroken Spirit December 18, 2014
- Trombley Joins The Huntington December 18, 2014
- Play Ball December 18, 2014
- High Performance December 16, 2014
- Star Soldier December 10, 2014
- Trojan Band Honors Zamperini December 9, 2014
- Diagnosis Success December 4, 2014
- For the Record December 4, 2014