These superheroes are fighting against human suffering and pollution, and to keep the desert tortoise alive. Now the environmental avengers remove their masks.
These young alumni from USC Dornsife’s dynamic Environmental Studies Program pursue a host of professional paths — from law to medicine, business and conservation — and are united by their shared interest in making the world a healthier place for all. Whether it’s briefing Gov. Jerry Brown on issues or rising at 3 a.m. to beat the punishing desert heat to track threatened desert tortoises, these heroes are fighting the good fight.
|Brian Rodysill '12
Rodysill is attending medical school at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minn. He graduated from USC Dornsife with a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies and a minor in natural science.
|Stephen Holle '13
Holle is a reserve administrator at the Los Angeles environmental nonprofit Climate Action Reserve. He graduated from USC Dornsife with a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies with a concentration in sustainability.
Illustrations by Niklas Asker for USC Dornsife Magazine
Related News Items
- Calculating Fashion Risks July 10, 2015
- A Rescue Mission June 25, 2015
- Data King June 24, 2015
- This Must Be the Place June 23, 2015
- Meet the Fabulous Fulbrights June 8, 2015
- Boots on the Ground, Minds in the Sky June 5, 2015
- At the Edge of the Known World June 1, 2015
- On the Banks of the Yalu River June 1, 2015
- The Great Explorers June 1, 2015
- In Her Element: Kina Grannis June 1, 2015
- Independence Days May 28, 2015
- Soul of the Machine May 19, 2015
- Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Visits USC May 2, 2015
- Strength of Spirit and Mind April 29, 2015
- A Change of Heart April 1, 2015
- On the Pulse March 19, 2015
- Hero of the Reefs March 9, 2015
- Irani Pledges Support for Residential College March 2, 2015
- Racing with Style February 25, 2015
- Looking the Wrong Way February 20, 2015