Thermo Matrix Hydra II
Thermo Scientific™ Matrix Hydra II is a syringe, fixed tip-based benchtop automated liquid handler.
A choice of 96-format volume range syringe dispense heads allows this syringe-based liquid handling system to be used with any 96- or 384 format microplate, deep well, or tube rack with a microplate footprint. Stepper motor technology enables precise movement of syringes as well as X/Y movement of microplates.
This small, bench top 96-channel liquid handler is capable of automating pipetting tasks, including low volume and viscous sample transfers, with the single press of a button. The Matrix Hydra II utilizes syringe-based technology to accurately and precisely dispense even the most sensitive solutions.
- Syringe-based automatic pipetting enables dispensing down to 100nL and maximum syringe fill of 1000µL
- Choice of four 96-format volume range syringe dispense heads allows unit to be used with any microplate from any 96 or 384 format microplate, deep well, or tube rack with a standard footprint.
- Stepper motor technology enables precise movement of syringes as well as X/Y movement of microplates
- Configure via on-board LCD or graphical interface software for intuitive, easy programming with or without a PC
- Robotic integration—OLE software package, RS-232 port and open pipetting platform enables easy integration
- Excellent chemical compatibility—glass syringe technology offers superior chemical resistance
- Precise speed control: aspirate and dispense speeds can be optimized and independently set based on fluid type or to facilitate optimal precision
- Washing speed can also be adjusted to minimize the time to clean needles and syringes
- Wash pump accommodates 2 wash solutions for critical wash procedures
- Can be programmed utilizing easy-to-read, four-line LCD display, or with intuitive ControlMate software
- ControlMate software is used consistently for all Matrix automated liquid handling platforms, is license free, and downloadable from controlmate.net
- Available ControlMate OLE package provides developers with an ActiveX automation interface for integrated use
Syringe/Needle Assemblies for Precise Low-Volume Dispensing
- Syringe barrels are made from borosilicate glass for excellent chemical capability
- Inner chambers are precision-machined and highly polished to ensure leak-free operation
- Each syringe tip features three points of sealed contact to ensure long-lasting performance
- Available with choice of 4 syringe barrel volumes and 2 needle types