Every major and minor in Middle East Studies will have:
- foundational knowledge of the history of the region from ancient to modern times.
- training in multiple disciplinary approaches to the region.
- skills to conduct informed research on the Middle East.
- an ability to analyze Middle Eastern events going beyond the headlines.
- developed understanding of Middle Eastern life and cultures.
Every major and minor is strongly encouraged to study Arabic, Hebrew, or Persian to the highest possible level. Every major and minor is encouraged to take a semester abroad in an Overseas Studies program in Egypt, Israel/Palestine or Jordan.
Students concentrate in special topics according to course selection.
- USC Middle East Studies Program
- Taper Hall 449
- 3501 Trousdale Parkway
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0151
- Images courtesy of Ed Ou Photography and USC Dornsife Office of Overseas Studies
- Phone: (213) 740 - 2795
- Email: email@example.com