UNDERGRADUATE: General Info
Mathematics is perhaps the oldest discipline studied by man, and over the centuries remains one of the most fascinating and interesting. Mathematics has long been an important component of the physical sciences and engineering, and in more recent time has become a necessary tool in a growing number of disciplines, particularly in economics, biology, and information technology. We offer a choice of paths that will enable students to prepare for a future in which mathematics will play an increasingly important role.
The Department of Mathematics offers an undergraduate course of study that leads to the following degrees within the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences:
- B.A. and B.S. in Mathematics
- B.A. and B.S. in Applied and Computational Mathematics
- B.S. in Mathematics/Economics
- B.S./M.S. in Mathematics (Progressive Degree Program)
- B.S. in Economics and Mathematics/M.S. in Mathematical Finance (Progressive Degree Program)
In addition, we also offer the following minor programs:
Admission to undergraduate programs is granted by the USC Office of Admission.