All regular meetings are on Thursday at 12:00 p.m. in the Linguistics conference room unless otherwise noted.
- Sergio Robles-Puente – Prosodic transfer in Spanish-English bilinguals
– discussion of Daland et al. (2011)
– Khalil Iskarous – Sound change and the structure of synchronic variability: phonetic and phonological factors in Slavic palatalization
– Alif Silpachai – The organization among tones, consonants, and vowels in a syllable
– Wei-Rong Chen – Vowel strength and articulatory targets: an EMA study of Taiwan Mandarin
– Andrés Benítez Pozo – A study of articulatory setting in second language speech; Afton Coombs – Do speakers generalize gradient trends in the lexicon? Evidence from Tagalog
– USC hosts WCCFL 32
– Cynthia Lee – Resolving lexical ambiguity using sub-phonemic duration cues: Did you hear "place kin" or "play skin"?
– David Li – When phonological systems clash: L1 phonotactics vs. L2 assimilation
– Mairym Llórens Monteserin – Consolidating coda conditions for Puerto Rican Spanish
– Caitlin Smith – Morphological consonant mutation as gestural affixation
– Samantha Gordon– Deriving attraction: phonological influences on the position of derivational morphemes
– Christina Hagedorn – Characterizing post-glossectomy speech using rt-MRI
– Irving Biederman – title TBD