Control and dynamics of movement under physically demanding and contextually relevant conditions
Research Questions Specific to Control and Dynamics
How do individuals (click questions to see related publications)
- regulate reaction forces and linear and angular momentum at the whole body level?
- coordinate control of multiple joints and selectively activate sets of muscles to satisfy mechanical objectives of task?
- utilize capabilities and resources to distribute mechanical load without exceeding critical limits over time?
Areas of application:
- PhD Biomedical Engineering (with Dr. McNitt-Gray)
- PhD Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (with Dr. Flashner)
- PhD Biological Sciences (with Dr. McNitt-Gray)
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Program
- Student Opportunities for Academic Research (SOAR)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fund (SURF)
- Biomechanics Lab
- Department of Human and Evolutionary Biology,
- 3560 Watt Way
- PED B-9
- University of Southern California
- Los Angeles CA 90089-0652
- Phone: (213) 740 - 7903
- Email: email@example.com