Terminal Annex Post Office
Northeast corner of Macy and Alameda Streets
Built in 1938, this building served as the main mail distribution center for Los Angeles until 1994. Although no longer used as a post office, it, along with many other underused buildings in Downtown Los Angeles, has been the site of filming activities. Inside, one may find 1930's WPA murals by Boris Deutsch depicting the history of communication.
PHOTOS: 1930s postcard (bottom); C. Roseman 2000 (top).