Pacific Stock Exchange (former)
The last major financial institution to leave Spring Street ("The Wall Street of the West") the Pacific Stock Exchange held its ground there until the late 1980s. The 1939 and 1995 photos, looking north, show the street scene surrounding the Exchange. Just to its north is the only modern building to have been built on this section of Spring Street.
PHOTOS: "Dick" Whittington Collection, USC Libraries, Special Collections (left); M. Gainer (right).