Oviatt & Pacific Mutual Buildings
617 S. Olive Street
|The Oviatt Building was completed in 1928. Hats off to Walker and Eisen for their wonderful design that utilizes Italian Romanesque and Art Deco features. Recently, it has been a favorite shooting location for the movie industry, as well as a restaurant and office building. The building was originally the headquarters of Alexander & Oviatt, Haberdashery.|
PHOTOS: U. Lassiter (left; center); C. Roseman (right)
Pacific Mutual Building
Corner of 6th and Olive
The Pacific Mutual Building was designed by John Parkinson and Edwin Bergstrom, and the original building opened in 1908.
PHOTOS: LA Times 2000 (bottom); C. Roseman (top)