Sejong Society members support the vision of the Korean Studies Institute at the University of Southern California:
"To become the leading center in the United States for research and teaching about contemporary political, economic, and social issues that affect Korea."
Named in honor of King Sejong, one of Korea's greatest rulers, the Sejong Society exists to support the USC Korean Studies Institute. King Sejong is best remembered for promoting scholarship and education for all the people of Korea and for encouraging research in Korea's cultural, economic, and political heritage.
Emulating his example to create new knowledge, the members of the Sejong Society support the advancement of the Institute's mission and vision with an annual gift of $1,200 or more.
Contact Elaine Kim at email@example.com at 213.740.0005 to join the Sejong Society today.
You may also visit Giving to USC to designate Sejong Society gifts online.
COURTESIES OF MEMBERSHIP
While the satisfaction derived from advancing the mission of the USC Korean Studies Institute is the greatest reward, the benefits described below are a tangible expression of gratitude for your support.
All members of the Sejong Society receive:
- A memento emblematic of Sejong membership
- Select USC Korean Studies Institute publications for those not currently receiving them
- University communications, such as the Dornsife magazine and Trojan Family Magazine, for those not currently receiving them
- Opportunity to accept complimentary membership in the 1880 Society, a support group for the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
In addition, Sejong Society Scholars ($5,000—$9,999) receive:
- Assistance with tickets and parking for USC Korean Studies Institute campus events
- Reserved seating for special events sponsored by the USC Korean Studies Institute
- Ombudsman service for assistance with campus information needs
- Invitations to other Dornsife institute activities and events
- Complimentary campus parking privileges (available only with 1880 Society membership)
In addition, Sejong Society Philanthropists ($10,000+) receive:
- All the benefits of Sejong Society Scholars
- Invitations to a private dinner exclusively for Sejong Society Philanthropists. Past dinner guests have included Ambassador Sung Kim, Ambassador Don Gregg, and Ambassador Thomas Hubbard
Sejong Society members can learn more about opportunities to join the USC Associates and receive accompanying privileges and courtesies (an additional annual contribution is necessary to maintain membership).
- Phone: (213) 740 - 3758
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org