Please submit this REIMBURSEMENT FORM.
Guidelines and Instructions for KSI research funds
Given the rapid expansion in research funding from the KSI, we have prepared the following guidelines. They are intended to help reduce confusion and streamline the reimbursement process.
- The grant is awarded via eligible reimbursements. Students may request a reimbursement the first week of every month; once a semester.
- Funds must be used for the stated purpose and may not be redirected for other purposes.
- Reimbursable items include books, association fees, conference fees, travel, meals and lodging during research or conference trips.
- Funds are only reimbursed – there will be no cash advances. This includes airline tickets, which the KSI will only reimburse upon submission of a proper receipt.
- Research funds may not be used for equipment purchases.
- Annual research funds must be used in the academic year for which they are allocated (July to May).
- Research funds will not roll over to the following year.
- The KSI will reimburse economy airfare, mileage, other forms of economy transportation, etc.
- You are required to provide a summary report after research trips to use in KSI newsletters and updates.
Instructions for submitting receipts to the KSI
- All requests for reimbursement must be preceded by filling out the KSI e-reimbursement form (found here). This will facilitate processing of receipts.
- Keep track of receipts and submit all original receipts or scanned copies to Linda Kim at the KSI (AHN 100) with a itemized list of expenses.
All receipts MUST show proof of purchase (i.e. Bob Lee paid for books via VISA xxx-xxxx).
- For meal receipts please write diner name(s) and business purpose.
- Please DO NOT staple receipts. Mount all receipts on 8 1/2 x11 sheets on paper using clear tape or send scanned receipts via e-mail. Chronological organization preferred.
- Upon submission of proper receipts, the KSI will endeavor to process the paperwork as quickly as possible. At best, this may take 3-4 weeks before the business office will issue a check.
If you have any questions, please contact Linda Kim at email@example.com or 213-740-3758.
- Phone: (213) 740 - 3758
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org