Guidelines, Deadlines, Judging
- Entries must illustrate how you embody the spirit and mission of USC Dornsife. This can relate to your major, activities or organizations you participate in, and/or what drives you to study in the letters, arts and/or sciences. For example, an English major might submit a short story or poem; a math major, a visual representation of a complex formula; a JEP participant, a video of their volunteer work.
- All entries must be the original art of the participant(s).
- Entries may be submitted by an individual or team.
- A short written statement (250 word limit) explaining your inspiration will be required as part of your submission.
- Acceptable types of media are:
- Videos – 3 minutes maximum length, in the English language and in either Quicktime (.mov) or Windows Media (.wmv) formats. Music used must be royalty-free.
- Written Work – under 1000 words, in the English language, can be a poem, short essay, song, etc.
- Song – 3 minutes maximum length, in the English language and in .mp3 or .wav formats.
- Art Work/ Art Pieces –no larger than 24” x 24” x 24”.
- By entering, you agree and warrant that you have adhered to the USC Student Code of Conduct in your Submission and during the Submission process; and (g) you have reached the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence at time of entry, or if a minor at time of entry you have your parent’s or legal guardian’s knowledge and consent to enter.
- By entering, you agree that all Submissions become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned, and that all Submissions may be used and exploited by Sponsor in perpetuity, worldwide, in all media types, now and in the future.
- Entries that are lewd, obscene, pornographic, disparaging of the Sponsor or otherwise contain objectionable material may be disqualified in the Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
- USC Dornsife has the right at any time to postpone or cancel the contest at any time.
- Full contest offical rules.
Submissions accepted Monday, January 14, 2013- Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 5pm. Turn in your entry and submission form to Bovard Administration Building, Room 304 from 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Winners will be announced late February/early March. Exact date to be announced.
Entries will be judged on:
- 40% - Overall Impact. How well your message was delivered, answered the purpose and made a statement to the viewer.
- 30% - Quality
- 20% - Creativity
- 10% - Written Statement