Clearance to Participate in Optional ERD Scuba Dives:
In order to participate in the optional scuba dives in the ERD class students need to comply with the USC Scientific Diving regulations set forth in the USC Diving Safety Manual including the required medical clearance.
There are two ways to comply with the USC Diving Regulations:
- Complete the USC Temporary Diving Permit Application process which includes:
- USC Temporary Diving Permit Application
- Diving Medical History Form
- A current diving physical (done within one year of the course) which meets or exceeds the requirements of the USC Medical Evaluation of Fitness for Scuba Diving Report
- USC Waiver and Release of Liability
- Copy of your most current (and highest) diving certification card (both sides)
- Copy of your most recent 25 logged dives
- Reading and understanding the USC Diving Safety Manual
- If you are a member of a scientific diving program, public safety dive team, govermental agency dive team, or military dive team (AAUS or OSHA recognized), a letter of reciprocity from your Diving Safety Officer will suffice in lieu of all the above documents except for the Waver and Release.