Graduate Student News
For the latest accomplishments, awards, job placements, and all the other stuff we've been up to lately...please visit our facebook page
- Matthew Amato, who earned his PhD in 2013 from this department, has been offered a book contract from the University of Chicago Press, for Exposing Humanity: Slavery, Antislavery, and Early Photography in America, 1839-1865. He currently holds a Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Humanities at Washington University.
- Sachiko Kawai has been awarded the Reischauer Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship at Harvard University for 2016-17.
- Jillian Barndt has been selected as a Finalist for a 2016-2017 Fulbright U.S. Student Award to Japan. The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program of the United States.
- Karin Amundsen has been awarded an Endowed Research Fellowship.
- Christian Paiz has won a Dissertation Completion Fellowship.
- Nick Gliserman has been awarded a year-long fellowship at the McNeill Center for the Study of Early America (University of Pennsylvania) and a Dissertation Completion Fellowship.
- Keith Pluymers will be a postdoctoral fellow at the California Institute for Technology.
- Michelle Damian has been awarded a postdoctoral fellowship to the Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies at Harvard.
- Sachiko Kawai has been granted a postdoctoral College Fellowship at Harvard University.
- Yu Tokunaga has been appointed as an assistant professor at the Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University, beginning Spring 2016.
- Michelle Damian will take up a tenure track position at Monmouth College (History) in fall of 2016, after her postdoc at Harvard.
- Julia Ornelas-Higdon has accepted a tenure track position in History at California State University, Channel Islands.
- Andie Reed has accepted a tenure track position in History at Cal Poly, San Obispo.
- Department of History
- 3502 Trousdale Parkway
- Social Sciences Building (SOS) 153
- Los Angeles, CA
- Phone: (213) 740 - 1657
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org