Open a world of opportunities for USC Dornsife students and faculty
In the video gallery below, hear directly from students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends whose lives have been transformed by USC Dornsife.
Videosmore videos >
2012 USC Dornsife Torchbearers
USC Dornsife Torchbearers help light the way for future generations and transform lives through innovation, discovery and community.Video by Mira Zimet
Joint Educational Project
Each year JEP places approximately 2000 students from Dornsife courses into the neighborhood as mentors, mini-course instructors, translators, and assistants to teachers and other…Video by Mira Zimet
Gateway Internship Program
The Gateway Internship Program offers Dornsife students a summer internship program that combines internships with structured classroom and mentoring support to ensure the highest…Video by Mira Zimet
Dornsife students talk about how they used their SURF funds to conduct their various research projects. Video by: Mira ZimetVideo by Mira Zimet
Dornsife students describe how they use their SOAR (Student Opportunities for Academic Research) funds to assist faculty research or to support their own research project.Video by Mira Zimet
Not Following the Herd
Led by Elizabeth Barreras '07, eight USC Dornsife undergraduates rethink agriculture, education and sustainable development in central Ghana.Video by Mira Zimet
Students Mentoring Students
USC Students mentor local high school students as part of the partnership between the Neighborhood Academic Initiative (NAI) and JEP.Video by Mira Zimet
Students, faculty and donors explain to our USC Dornsife Torchbearers at the third annual luncheon how the scholarly pursuits of USC students and faculty in the arts, humanities,…Video by Mira Zimet
The mission of USC Dornsife is firmly grounded in the broader goals set forth in the Role and Mission of the University of Southern California. We are committed to the creation, preservation and communication of fundamental knowledge in all its forms. Dornsife faculty endeavor to awaken in each student an appreciation for critical thinking, and a profound understanding of the problems and aspirations of human societies, past and present, as well as a lifelong passion for learning and a commitment to the betterment of society.
To remain at the forefront of inquiry and discovery, we must continue to evolve and fulfill our mission. In recent years, we have successfully launched new programs — as well as expanded existing ones — to further honor this mission.
- Last year, more than 250 undergraduates received funding to pursue research with the one-on-one mentorship of a USC faculty member through two USC Dornsife signature research programs.
- Last summer, 80 students traveled with USC faculty to places such as Belize, Egypt and Cambodia to conduct research ranging from U.S. defense and foreign policy to global health through our Problems Without Passports (PWP) research travel courses
- USC Dornsife students remain the most active USC students in overseas studies, with approximately 500 students traveling each academic year.
- For 40 years USC Dornsife’s Joint Educational Project (JEP) has provided service-learning opportunities in which students apply their studies to real-world issues, gain valuable work experience and participate in civic engagement through community service. Each year, more than 2,000 students volunteer over 30,000 hours in local schools, hospitals and other organizations.
- Last year, we awarded 192 named fellowships and more than $636,000 in scholarships to continuing USC Dornsife students.