In the video gallery below, hear directly from students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends whose lives have been transformed by USC Dornsife.
The mission of USC Dornsife is firmly grounded in the broader goals set forth in the Role and Mission of the University of Southern California. We are committed to the creation, preservation and communication of fundamental knowledge in all its forms. Dornsife faculty endeavor to awaken in each student an appreciation for critical thinking, and a profound understanding of the problems and aspirations of human societies, past and present, as well as a lifelong passion for learning and a commitment to the betterment of society.
To remain at the forefront of inquiry and discovery, we must continue to evolve and fulfill our mission. In recent years, we have successfully launched new programs — as well as expanded existing ones — to further honor this mission.
- Last year, more than 250 undergraduates received funding to pursue research with the one-on-one mentorship of a USC faculty member through two USC Dornsife signature research programs.
- Last summer, 80 students traveled with USC faculty to places such as Belize, Egypt and Cambodia to conduct research ranging from U.S. defense and foreign policy to global health through our Problems Without Passports (PWP) research travel courses
- USC Dornsife students remain the most active USC students in overseas studies, with approximately 500 students traveling each academic year.
- For 40 years USC Dornsife’s Joint Educational Project (JEP) has provided service-learning opportunities in which students apply their studies to real-world issues, gain valuable work experience and participate in civic engagement through community service. Each year, more than 2,000 students volunteer over 30,000 hours in local schools, hospitals and other organizations.
- Last year, we awarded 192 named fellowships and more than $636,000 in scholarships to continuing USC Dornsife students.