The Office of Overseas Studies has moved! Please visit us in our new location in Taper Hall, Room 341.
YOU can study abroad and we are here to help. The Office of Overseas Studies offers 55 semester and year-long programs in 30 countries. We are dedicated to making sure that study abroad is accessible for all students.
If you are looking for information about short-term off-campus study opportunities (Problems Without Passports, Departmental Summer Programs, Maymester, and Winter and Spring Break Programs), please visit the Short-Term Programs website.
Do you have questions about:
- Earning academic credit?
- Costs and scholarships?
- Family support or leaving USC for a semester?
- Why study abroad is important?
- How to start the application process?
We've got answers! Go to Events and Announcements for information on advising sessions and refer to the navigation on the left for more frequently asked questions and information to get you started.
Applications for Spring 2015 Available Now
Applications for our study abroad programs are now available. Please see our Apply section for more information on the application process.
During the 2013-2014 school year, students on our programs earned a total of $202,505 in outside and Overseas Studies-sponsored scholarships! Learn more about funding opportunities.
The Goals of Study Abroad
- Pursue academic work that complements one's major or minor course of study.
- Gain a deeper understanding of a particular culture by spending an extended period of time immersed in that culture.
- Improve foreign language skills.