YOU can study abroad and we are here to help. The Office of Overseas Studies offers 55 semester and year-long programs in 30 countries. We are dedicated to making sure that study abroad is accessible for all students.
If you are looking for information about short-term off-campus study opportunities (Problems Without Passports, Departmental Summer Programs, Maymester, and Winter and Spring Break Programs), please visit the Short-Term Programs website.
Do you have questions about:
- Earning academic credit?
- Costs and scholarships?
- Why study abroad is important?
- Family support or leaving USC for a semester?
- Cultural or diversity considerations?
- How to start the application process?
We've got answers! Go to Events and Announcements for information on advising sessions and refer to the navigation on the left for more frequently asked questions and information to get you started.
During the 2013-2014 school year, students on our programs earned a total of $202,505 in outside and Overseas Studies-sponsored scholarships! Learn more about funding opportunities.
The Goals of Study Abroad
- Pursue academic work that complements one's major or minor course of study.
- Gain a deeper understanding of a particular culture by spending an extended period of time immersed in that culture.
- Improve foreign language skills.