Gender Studies at USC - undergraduate education
Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary program offering a major, minor, and graduate certificate at USC. Our courses cover gender, sex, and sexuality across cultures, regions, historical periods, and academic subjects. Our Core Faculty comes from 10 different departments and our courses from 20 different departments and programs across the University.
As a GS major or minor, you design your own course of instruction based on your interests – humanities, social sciences, arts, or all three.
- Interested in international relations? Sign up for Gender and Global issues (IR 316).
- Art? Take Italian Renaissance Art: Old Masters and Old Mistresses (AHIS 304).
- Politics? Sex, Power and Politics (POSC 381)
- Masculinity or sports? Men and Masculinity (SWMS 385) or Gender and Sport (SWMS 455)
- The environment? Ecofeminism (SWMS 415)
Gender Studies brings top-notch scholars together with students in small upper-level courses and seminars. Majors and minors work closely with their professors and have multiple opportunities for individual or team research. You can pursue an honors major and write a senior thesis in GS.
- Gender Studies Program
- University of Southern California
- Mark Taper Hall of Humanities, 422
- 3501 Trousdale Parkway
- Los Angeles, California
- 90089-4352 USA
- Phone: (213) 740 - 8286
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org