Minor in Gender Studies
A total of five courses are required to complete the minor in Gender Studies.
One Lower Division Course
Choose one of the following two courses to fill the lower division requirement.
- SWMS 210gm, Social Issues in Gender (also fills GE Cat 6), OR
- SWMS 215g, Gender Conflict in Cultural Contexts (also fills GE Cat 6)
Upper Division: Two Required Courses
- SWMS 301m, Introduction to Feminist Theory and the Women’s and Men’s Movements
- SWMS 410, Senior Seminar in Gender Studies—FALL SEMESTERS ONLY
Upper Division Electives: Two Courses, Cross-Listed and SWMS
Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary program. This means that many courses that count for credit towards the Gender Studies minor are cross-listed with other departments.
Over 40 courses are officially cross-listed with Gender Studies, plus nine additional Gender Studies (SWMS) upper division courses (not including the courses listed above). There are many options for students who want to study gender in diverse contexts. For more information about all of these course options, please see the Gender Studies section in the USC Catalogue.
In addition, the two upper division elective courses must be from two different departments. For example, one course can be from Gender Studies (SWMS), but the other must be cross-listed with another department.
- Gender Studies Program
- University of Southern California
- Mark Taper Hall of Humanities, 422
- 3501 Trousdale Parkway
- Los Angeles, California
- 90089-4352 USA
- Phone: (213) 740 - 8286
- Email: email@example.com