Real Job - Real Experience
We Help You Find Your Path
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Whether you have an answer to this question or not, the Gateway Internship Program will provide you with opportunities to explore a career through an internship experience, gain insight from a mentorship with a distinguished professional and strengthen your career preparation skills through enrollment in a workshop series.
There are two ways to participate:
- Gateway Partner
The Gateway program will help you secure a paid internship through one of our participating partner employers.
- Pay it Forward
You secure an unpaid internship and the Gateway program supplies a $2,000-4,000 stipend. Internships must be with a non-profit 501 (C) or government agency.
The Gateway Internship Program will:
- Deliver a robust internship experience providing opportunities to interact with different levels of management.
- Enhance internship experiences with a required series providing expert guest speakers from various industries, collaboration with fellow students and personal reflection.
- Provide individualized support through mentor matching with a distinguished business professional.
Internships available in banking, finance, entertainment, education, law, insurance and more in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas.
Who is eligible to apply?
Sophomores, juniors and seniors graduating in fall 2015 with a USC cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. Eligible students will be invited to apply to the program via email in the beginning of the spring semester.
"The combination of having an internship, a mentor and a course with
guest speakers was perfect because it not only reinforced what we
learned in class, but also helped strengthen different areas of our
- Jesse Ruiz, Summer 2012 Participant
- Sonya Vanhoof
- University of Southern California
- USC Dana and David Dornsife
- College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- 444 S. Flower Street
- Los Angeles, California 90071