Skip to main content

Final Transcripts and Grades

The Registrar of your study abroad program or overseas university will send your final program transcript to the Office of Overseas Studies. (Nanzan, Waseda, Florence, Rome, and AUC participants, please see * note.)

If you are asked to provide a mailing address for transcripts or billing, please be sure to use the Overseas Studies address and NOT your home address, USC Registrar, or USC Degree Progress.

Please be aware that it may take from several weeks to several months after completion of your program for your transcript to arrive at USC. Graduating seniors should keep this fact in mind.

Once your transcript has been received, Overseas Studies will forward it to the Office of Articulation for processing.

For most programs, although you will receive grades from your overseas institution, courses taken abroad will appear on your USC transcript only as Credit/No Credit, which will not affect your USC GPA. You must earn a letter grade of C- or higher to receive Credit. Students in New Zealand must earn a C or higher to earn USC credit. The only programs for which students receive letter grades on the USC transcript are the USC Paris Semester program and the USC Semester in Madrid program.

Note that although you may not receive letter grades on your USC transcript and your USC GPA may not be affected, please be aware that it is to your advantage to strive for the best grades you can get. Graduate schools, law schools, medical schools, and some employers may ask you to submit your letter grades obtained overseas in addition to your USC transcript.




* - Nanzan and Waseda University in Japan DO NOT issue transcripts to USC. Transcripts are only issued directly to students. Students on those programs are responsible for obtaining their own transcripts and bringing an OFFICIAL (sealed) transcript to the Office of Overseas Studies. Students on the Syracuse Florence, Duke ICCS Rome, and AUC programs must specifically request that their transcripts be mailed to USC Overseas Studies.