Creating Stronger Organizations
Financial and Tax Best Practices for Faith-based Nonprofits
State Controller John Chiang, the USC Murray Center, and CRCC present a seminar for nonprofit and faith-based organizations in the areas of financial management, tax compliance laws and reporting compliance.
Nonprofits and faith-based organizations fill a critical gap in the state’s network of facilities that serve those facing life struggles. However, these organizations face an increasing number of challenges. This seminar willl serve as a first step in providing organizations with the necessary tools and resources to be successful and stable.
Many recent changes in federal and local laws and regulations make this a good time to get caught up on maintaining your nonprofit’s tax-exempt status.
Seminar topics include:
- Successful Financial Management of a Nonprofit
- Accounting Issues for Nonprofit Organizations
- Avoiding Activities that could Jeopardize Your Organization’s Tax Exemption Status
- New Developments at the IRS Affecting Nonprofits
- Welfare & Property Tax Exemption, Sales and Use Tax
Download the flyer here.
Parking: $8 self-pay at Parking Structure A, enter at the Vermont Avenue Entrance at 36th Place (Entrance 6). Meters available for street parking on Vermont Ave.