A Diversity Programs Town Hall Session
Don’t Miss Out! Please come share your ideas and help define programs for you.
DATES: (2 Options Available)
Wednesday, March 6 @ 5:30PM-7:00 PM or
Thursday, March 7 @ 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
LOCATION (University Park Campus)
Location will be provided upon receiving your RSVP (see below)
Light refreshments will be provided as part of the Town Hall sessions.
The USC Graduate School’s Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education (EDGE) Program would like to invite you to a Town Hall style information session to review and engage in an interactive discussion on:
· Designing programs tailored to meet your academic and professional needs (what would you like to see and experience from now until early May?). We have a set of available dates, topics, and resources ; all we need now to move forward is your input.
· Existing supplemental funding opportunities for research, conference travel, etc.
· Current academic and professional seminars and panels.
· Available supplemental research & conference travel funding for you
· The formation of a Graduate Student Diversity Advisory Board to help guide and advance our division’s programming and resources.
Space is limited. Please RSVP by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5th to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact the Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education Program firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your inquiries to program advisors and administrators: Letisha R. Wyatt, Jesse S. Watson, and Dr. Richard Andalon.
The event will be hosted by the USC Graduate School, Diversity Outreach & Academic Professional Development Programs and Dr. Jungmiwha (Jummy) Bullock. Dr. Bullock is well aware of and sensitive toward issues of underrepresentation in the academy and issues of racial disparities in societal contexts. As a Graduate Student Leader at USC, Dr. Bullock contributed to the ideas and programming of diversity initiatives.