About Environmental Studies
The Environmental Studies Program emphasizes the interdisciplinary nature of environmental problems. Students may pursue either a B.A. or B.S. degree. Each degree has four concentrations, all built upon a central, interdisciplinary 48-unit core.
Both degrees offer students a choice of four concentrations:
- Sustainability, Energy and Society
- Oceans, Life and People
- Climate, Earth and Environment
- Environmental Public Policy
Each concentration culminates in the capstone experience of a senior seminar focusing on environmental problem-solving by interdisciplinary teams of faculty with complementary backgrounds in science and policy.
Field studies are integral to the both degree programs. Opportunities to conduct field research range from the urban Los Angeles environment to marine protected areas on the coasts of the California Channel Islands.
- Dr. James Haw
- Environmental Studies Program
- Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Social Sciences Building (SOS) B15
- 3502Trousdale Parkway
- University of Southern California
- Los Angeles, California 90089-0036
- Phone: (213) 740 - 7770
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org