Catalina Island summer interns work jointly with the Catalina Island Conservancy and the USC Wrigley Marine Science Center on projects related to soil conservation, land management, invasive species and more.
2012 Field Course Blogs
Scientific American published blog documenting the 2012 trip to Guam and Palau as part of the Environmental Studies Maymester course.
Students travel to Belize to learn about the effect of environmental change on human societies with a focus on the collapse of the ancient Mayan civilization.
Environmental Studies students spend the summer at the USC Wrigley Marine Science Center on Catalina looking at water and soil sustainability through a special "in the field" section of ENST 320a, a course traditionally taught on the University Park Campus.
- Dr. James Haw
- Environmental Studies Program
- Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Social Sciences Building (SOS) B15
- 3502Trousdale Parkway
- University of Southern California
- Los Angeles, California 90089-0036
- Phone: (213) 740 - 7770
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org