1. Students must be in good academic standing in the Earth Sciences Department.
2. Students must be presenting a paper or poster at the meeting.
3. The GSRC will try to fund at least two meetings per student per year, with requests for travel to the second meeting and additional meetings given lower priority.
4. One of the GSRC’s goals is to encourage students to seek travel funds elsewhere and thus rarely will the full cost of attending each meeting be covered. Attempts to obtain additional sources of money should be made and noted in the application.
5. GSRC travel funds are not intended to replace funds available in existing grants. Thus, requests from students with other sources of travel funds will be given lower priority.
6. If the Department maintains a booth at the conference at which the student is presenting, it is expected that funded students will help the staff person for an hour or two.
7. Students receiving travels funds are expected to give talks about their presented research either shortly before or after the meeting.