Connecting to the USC Network
USC supports an open wireless network. Any guest can use it.
- Join the network "USC Wireless"
- Launch a web browser
- You should be automatically redirected to http://netreg.usc.edu, if not, manually go to the site.
- Read and agree to the policy
VPN may be required for some USC services
If you are a permanent member of the department, you can send your Wireless Hardware Address to email@example.com to have it registered so you can skip step 3.
USC LAN (ethernet line)
Computers must be registered before they can use our networked lines. To register your computer for ZHS, send the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ethernet Hardware Address
Plug in your computer to an active jack only after you receive email confirmation that it's registered. Unregistered computers will cause the jack to be suspended.
Obtaining your Hardware Address
Windows 7, Vista, XP
- START > RUN
- Type cmd, ENTER.
- In Command window, type ipconfig /all
- For ethernet line, read the physical address for the Local Area Connection
- For wireless, read the physical address for the Wireless Network Connection
- (should be hexidecimal format like 00-0a-5f-df-ce-1c).
For Mac OS X
- SYSTEM PREFERENCES > NETWORK
- Select Built-in Ethernet or (Airport for wireless).
- Click on Advanced...
- Read Ethernet Address (should be hexidecimal format like 00:0a:5f:df:ce:1c).
Connecting from home
Access to some of USC's resources, including the library databases, may be limited off-campus. Please login to http://libproxy.usc.edu for access. NOTE: VPN is no longer supported for library campus access.
For other resources, you can use VPN: http://sslvpn.usc.edu
- Zumberge Hall of Science (ZHS)
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0740
- Phone: (213) 740-6106
- Email: email@example.com