Progressive Degree Program
The progressive program allows exceptional students to complete all requirements for both the B.A. and the M.A. degree in EALC in five years. In addition to meeting all the requirements for the B.A. and M.A. degrees, candidates for the progressive degree must complete a thesis for the M.A. degree. Students should take at least one graduate seminar during their senior year, and complete all other requirements during their fifth year.
- Students may apply on completion of 64 units of course work but not later than the end of the junior year (or the completion of 96 units).Students who wish to pursue the BA/MA should contact the academic advisor in EALC and submit a statement of interest. To be admitted into the program students must have maintained a minimum overall GPA of 3.5 and must have met all the BA requirements, including at least 2 400-level courses in EALC.
- Following a successful review of the student’s academic record, the Graduate Studies Committee of EALC will conduct an interview with the student.
- Once the GSC determines that the student is eligible to apply, the student needs to prepare the following material for the application packet: transcript, a statement of interest, a prospectus of the MA thesis, and three letters of recommendation.
- The deadline for submitting the application is January 15 for formal admission to the MA program in the following fall semester.
- Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
- University of Southern California
- Taper Hall 356
- Los Angeles, California 90089-0357
All photos taken by Elissa L., Yulee Kim and Ka Wong
- Phone: (213) 740 - 3707
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org