Dr. Albright strives to make her teaching relevent and interesting through developing the sociological imagination through the connection of theory and research to current events and students lives. She also integrates new technologies - including live interactive polling using student's cell phones to spark discussion andcreate a dynamic, interactive environment in the classroom. As a result - she has received a number of commendations for her teaching and mentoring. A partial list of these awards and recognitions includes:
- Demonstration classroom: Center for Excellence in Teaching, Spring 2009.
- Professor of the Year – Gamma Sigma Alpha National Greek Honor Society, Alpha Chapter, University of Southern California, 2008-2009.
- Mortar Board Honored Professor, USC Mortar Board, 2008 - 2009.
- Tommy Award, Office of Student Programming, Student Affairs, USC, 2007 – for community service and fostering leadership in students.
- #2 Most Recommended Professor at USC, 2005. Senate Course Guide, USC.
- Love Shack Invited Lecture, USC Academic Honors Society, 2007.
- What Matters to Me and Why Invited Lecture, USC, Spring 2006.
- USC Ambassador for Steven Sample, 2005.
- Nomination, Ebony Award, USC Black Student Association, 2005.
- Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring– USC Parent’s Association, 2004.
- Professor of the Year – Gamma Sigma Alpha National Greek Honor Society, Alpha Chapter, University of Southern California, 2003-2004.
- Professor of the Year, University of Southern California – Dept. of Sociology, 2000-2001.
Statistics, Research Methods, Marriage and Family, Social Psychology, Gender, Culture and Communications, Emotion, Human Sexuality, Counseling.
Research Methods and Statistics
Systems of Family Counseling
Science of Human Inquiry
Freshman Seminar: e-culture, Fall 2003.
Freshman Seminar: Impossible Bodies: Plastic Surgery as New Social Problem, Fall 2005/2007.
Introduction to Sociology
Marriage and the Family
Sociology of Emotions
Research in Sex and Gender
Sex and Gender
Emotion and Culture
Psychology of Emotions
Psychology of Emotion and Motivation
Psychology of Sex and Gender