Professor of English
Phone: (213) 821-0477
Office: THH 431
- Ph.D. , University of California, Los Angeles
Description of Research
Interests: Professor McCabe studies modern and contemporary poetry and poetics, creative writing, gender studies, film studies, psychoanalysis and biography.
- McCabe, S. Fates. Forthcoming.
- McCabe, S. Letters from a Fortune Teller: Book of Poems. Forthcoming.
- McCabe, S. Descartes’ Nightmare: A Book of Poems.
- McCabe, S. Swirl.
- McCabe, S. Bryher, Female Husband to Modernism: A Critical Biography. Forthcoming.
- McCabe, S. (2009). “’Say Can You see a Wind from the East:’ Gertrude Stein and a Feminist Is.” Les Figues.
- McCabe, S. (2009). Cinematic Modernism: Modern Poetry and Film. Cambridge University Press.
- McCabe, S. (1994). Elizabeth Bishop: Her Poetics of Loss. Pennsylvania State University Press.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow (or Equivalent) of National Society in Discipline, American Academy in Berlin, Fall 2011
- Mellon Award for Graduate Mentoring, 2009-2010
- Advancing Scholarship in the Humanities & Social Sciences, 2008-2009
- Agha Shahid Ali Award, First Prize for Poetry Book, Fall 2007
- Fulbright Award, Research/Lecturer at Lund University, Sweden, Spring 2006
- Yale University Beinecke Library Fellowship, 2005
- Center for Feminist Research Travel Grant, Spring 2004
- USC Zumberge Research and Innovation Fund Award, Fall 2000
- Outstanding Mentor Award for Gradute Students, Arizona State University, 1998-1999
- Janalynn Bliss, Creative Writing Graduate Coordinator
- University of Southern California
- Department of English
- 3501 Trousdale Parkway, THH 431
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0354
- Phone: (213) 821 - 0477
- Email: email@example.com