Please see detailed information and links below about conference location, local transportation, hotel, dining options, and nearby attractions to help plan your trip to USC.
- Taxi: cost $50-65, direct trip to hotel from airport, located right outside when you walk out of airport terminal; cost $15 on average for taxi ride from downtown LA locations to USC campus. Yellowcab (213-808-1000) or L.A. Checkercab Co. (323-654-8400) are two recommended options for the area around USC..
- Shuttle: cost $20 on average, but may have a few stops along the way depending on number of other passengers; located right outside when you walk out of airport terminal (i.e. blue/white SuperShuttle vans)
- Public Transportation: cost $8 to take the FLYAWAY BUS from the airport to LA Union Station (leaves every 15 minutes); from Union Station you can taxi or take metro to USC, or you can catch the free USC (UPC) shuttle to campus, however this only runs during the day so please check shuttle times before doing this.
- LAX flyaway bus to Union Station
- Shuttle times from Union Station to USC
- Metro bus or Metro rail to USC
Local Transportation, Maps, Parking
When looking at maps below, please note that conference is being held on USC University Park Campus (UPC) and that Davidson Conference Center is located on the corner of Jefferson Blvd and Figueroa Blvd (northeast part of campus).
- Recommended parking options are Lot PSX (enter through Entrance 3 off Figueroa Blvd) or Lot PSD (enter through Entrance 4 off of Jefferson Blvd). If you are a conference participant, give the parking attendant your name for complimentary parking. Non-panelists, tell the parking you are there for the "Global Financial Crisis" conference -- parking fee is $10. There is some street parking and metered parking in surrounding areas of campus, but it is limited. See map: http://web-app.usc.edu/maps/map.pdf
- Interactive map of the USC campus and surrounding areas, as well as other helpful links and tips for getting to USC: http://visit.usc.edu/maps-directions/university-park-campus/
- USC Bus Routes and Shuttle info
- Getting to USC via public transportation: http://visit.usc.edu/maps-directions/university-park-campus/university-park-campus-public-transportation/
- Metro bus or Metro rail to USC: http://www.metro.net/riding/colleges/usc/
- Address: 3540 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, California 90007
- Main Hotel Phone: (213) 748-4141
- website: http://www.radisson.com/los-angeles-hotel-ca-90007/cafiguer
Dining Options near Hotel
- Located directly next to the hotel: (northside) McKay’s Restaurant, Rosso’s Pizzeria, The Lab Gastropub, Moreton Fig (across the street on campus but only open Mon-Fri); (south) Starbucks, Which Wich, Pizza Place
- Located on Figueroa Blvd, one block south of hotel (Tuscany): Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Cold Stone Creamery, Quiznos, CA Teriyaki Grill, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Rustica
- Located on Figueroa Blvd, one block north of hotel (University Gateway):” Freebirds World Burrito, Margerita Pizza Bar, Soy Japanese Grill and Roll, Yogurtland, Subway, CVS Pharmacy
- Located on Jefferson Blvd, one block north and one block west from hotel (University Village): University Village International Food Court (Thai, Indian, Mexican, Greek, etc), Baskin-Robbins, 21 Choices (Frozen Yogurt), Starbucks Coffee, Subway, Denny’s, Yoshinoya Beef Bowl, Burger King, Wendy’s
- Located on USC campus, across the street from hotel: Please note hours of operation (some places are closed on Saturday). Options include California Pizza Kitchen, Carls Jr., Trojan Grounds (open 24 hours), Seeds Marketplace, Wahoo’s Fish Tacos, etc. Also click here to access USC campus interactive maps to where these places are located (click on “dining”).
- Other Nearby Options: Manas Indian Cuisine, Jacks N Joe (breakfast), Trio House (Thai), La Mercado Paloma (mexican, peruvian)
- Parks and Museums are walking distance from the USC campus and the Radisson hotel: California Science Center , Natural History Museum Rose Garden , California African American Museum , and Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena
- L.A. Live is about a 2-5 minute cab ride from USC campus/Radisson hotel ($5-10 on average). LA has a number of other hot eating spots, like Boca at the Conga Room, ESPN Zone, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, Katsuya, Lawry’s, RocknFish, Rosa Mexicano, The Farm of Beverly Hills, Trader Vic’s , Wolfgang Pick Bar and Grill, and Yard House. Also has variety of attractions: Club Nokia, Conga Room, The Grammy Museum, Lucky Strike Lanes and Lounge , Nokia Theater L.A. Live, Staples Center (home of the LA Lakers and Kings), Regal Cinemas (movie theater).