The Center hosts seminars, workshops, and conferences that cover a variety of topics of international significance.
International Relations Working Paper Series
The CIS International Relations Working Paper series was launched last year and we are pleased to continue it this semester. Click HERE for fall 2015 seminar schedule. Please note: this is a closed workshop series, open only to USC faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and POIR graduate students. RSVP is required to Alex Yu-Ting Lin at email@example.com -- papers will be disseminated to all RSVPs one week before seminar.
The IR Working Paper Series is a centerpiece of CIS efforts to promote faculty research and graduate training and foster an intellectual community where participation is the norm. The IR Working Paper Series is innovative in a number of ways: the papers must be working papers, and everyone attending is expected to have read the article before the session. There will be no presentations – instead, the session will begin with the discussant. While most of the papers are expected to come from SIR and POIR, 2-3 slots each year will be reserved for an external scholar. A call for papers will go out at the end of each semester.
Manuscript Review Workshops
Click HERE for FAQs regarding scheduling and submissions, as well as discussant guidelines. Please note: this is a closed workshop series, open only to USC faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and POIR graduate students to attend. RSVP is required to firstname.lastname@example.org
CIS Manuscript Review workshops were launched to support all forms of research and create a culture of mentoring at USC. Any USC faculty or postdoctoral fellow working on a book that deals with international studies in some way are eligible for possible support. The program is designed to provide helpful and timely feedback to faculty preparing monographs prior to submission for publication.
- BENJAMIN GRAHAM MANUSCRIPT REVIEW | November 12, 2015 |
- JEFFEREY SELLERS MANUSCRIPT REVIEW |April 15, 2016 |
- SAORI KATADA MANUSCRIPT REVIEW | April 22, 2016 |
- "FORMAL MODELS OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS" CONFERENCE | February 5-6, 2016 | Organizer: David Kang (USC) |
- "CHINA & THE EMERGING ECONOMIES: MOVING AT A SLOWER PACE" WORKSHOP | February 19, 2016 | Organizer: Carol Wise (USC) |
- "ISOLATE OR ENGAGE: ADVERSARIAL STATES, U.S. FOREIGN POLICY & PUBLIC DIPLOMACY"| Book launch with editor Geoffrey Wiseman, and authors Robert English and Viet Nguyen | September 9, 2015 | 12:00-:1:00pm | Location: ASC 207 | Co-sponsored by USC Center on Public Diplomacy |
- "RETHINKING RACE:" USC SOCIOLOGY's CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION | October 28-29, 2015 | Co-Sponsored by the USC Department of Sociology |
- "GLOBAL THREATS ROUNDTABLE with GENERAL DAVID PETRAEUS | November 5, 2015 | Co-sponsored by USC School of International Relations |