Alwyn LimAssistant Professor of Sociology
Phone: (213) 740-3533
Office: KAP 352
- Ph.D. Sociology, University of Michigan, 2012
- Lim, A., Tsutsui, K. (2012). Globalization and Commitment in Corporate Social Responsibility: Cross-National Analyses of Institutional and Political-Economy Effects. American Sociological Review. Vol. 77, pp. 69-98.
- Tsutsui, K., Whitlinger, C., Lim, A. (2012). International Human Rights Law and Social Movements: States' Resistance and Civil Society's Insistence. Annual Review of Law and Social Science. Vol. 8, pp. 367-369.
- Co-organizer, Corporate Social Responsibility in a Globalizing World, University of Michigan; International House of Japan, Toyko, Sponsored by the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership; and the Center for Japanese Studies, Interdisciplinary Committee on Organizational Studies, Department of Sociology, and the Ross School of Business (University of Michigan), 2010-2012
Description of Research
Summary Statement of Research Interests
Alwyn Lim's research examines the global dimensions of organizational activity, focusing on the moral regulation of the economy and the institutions that govern macro society-economy relationships. His current work studies the emergence of corporate social responsibility frameworks in the United Nations, their diffusion across countries and corporations, and their implementation in domestic contexts.
Organizations and Institutions; Global and Transnational Sociology; Human Rights and Social Movements
Service to the Profession
- 851 Downey Way
- HSH 314
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-2539
- Phone: (213) 740 - 3533
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org