Student Services Advisor & Alumni Coordinator
Contact InformationOffice: SGM 532
My name is Daniel Paris and I am the Alumni Coordinator for the Department of Psychology. I am also a Student Services Advisor. If you are a student, we can discuss anything from your next semester course schedule, to where you ultimately want to take your degree in Psychology. I am here to assist in any way I can to make sure that you have a successful and rewarding academic experience here at USC.
As someone who is also an alumni from the Department of Psychology at USC, I am very familiar with the Trojan family, and more specifically, with this program. As an undergraduate student, I was very active in the different opportunities the Psychology Department offered its students. I was a Discovery Scholar, I participated in the Honors Program, I was a member of the Psi Chi organization, I volunteered and was paid as a "work study" in multiple research labs, I took the PSYC 391 course to earn credit for internship experience in Psychology, and the PSYC 490x course to earn credit for more research experience. Taking advantage of these opportunities allowed me to gain a better understanding of the field of Psychology, while connecting myself with staff and faculty members in the process. These additional experiences also gave me a strong idea of where I wanted to take my education post USC, and as I would find out, prepared me very well for graduate school. Now, as a staff member in the Department, I hope to be able to encourage undergraduate students to take advantage of many of the same opportunities.
Following my graduation from USC, I attended Harvard University to obtain a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education. I am very passionate about my work here at USC and I hope to be a part of the positive staff and faculty experience for each of you that I went through during my time as a student.
- B.A. Psychology, University of Southern California, 05/2011
- M.A. Counseling, Harvard University, 05/2012
Service to the Profession
- Psi Chi Staff Advisor, 2013-
- Psychology Website Administrator, 2013-
- Chair, Department of Psychology Homecoming Committee, 2013-
- USC Commencement Committee, 2013-2014
- USC Council of Academic Advisors, 2013-
- Harvard University International Higher Education on Disability Organization, 2011-
- Golden Key International Honour Society, 2010-
- Sigma Alpha Lambda National Leadership and Honors Organization, 2010-
- Psi Chi International Honors Society in Psychology, 2009-
- Phi Sigma Theta National Honors Society, 2008-
- The National Society of Leadership and Success, 2008-
Other Service to the Profession
- Relay for Life: American Cancer Society Relay Events, 2013-
- Proud supporter of the Advancement Project http://www.advancementproject.org/, 2009-
- Department of Psychology
- University of Southern California
- SGM 501
- 3620 South McClintock Ave.
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-1061
- Phone: (213) 740 - 2203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org