Molly BendallAssociate Professor (Teaching) of English
Phone: (213) 821-5411
Office: THH 435
- M.F.A. English/Creative Writing, University of Virginia, 5/1986
- M.A. Poetry, Johns Hopkins University, 1/1987
- ""Chants, Charms and Childhood Vernacular"", Panel on Poetry and the Vernacular, Talk/Oral Presentation, Atlanta, Georgia, Associated Writing Programs, Invited, Spring 2007
- "Reading from poetry collection", Poetry Reading, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, Fall 2010
- "poetry reading", poetry reading, Associated Writing Programs, Denver, CO, Spring 2010
- Bendall, M. A., Wronsky, G. F. (2009). Bling & Fringe.
- Bendall, M. A. (2009). Under the Quick. West Lafayette, Indiana: Parlor Press.
- Bendall, M. A. (2008). Under the Quick. Free Verse Editions/Parlor Press.
- Bendall, M. A. (2002). Ariadne's Island.
- Bendall, M. A. (1999). Dark Summer, poetry. Miami Universtiy Press.
- Bendall, M. A. (1992). After Estrangement, Poetry. Peregrine Smith Books.
- Bendall, M. A. (2007). Review of Elaine Equi's Ripple Effect for Pool magazine. Pool.
- Bendall, M. A. (2012). "A Keen Sense" for Colorado Review.
- Bendall, M. A. (2011). "Animal Splendor" and "Brave the Path" for Fairy Tale Review.
- Bendall, M. A. (2011). "Animal Belatedness" in New American Writing.
- Bendall, M. A. (2011). "What's Between Us" and "Animal Synchrony" for Drunken Boat.
- Bendall, M. A. (2009). Poems in American Hybrid, The Norton Anthology of the New Poem. Norton.
- Bendall, M. A. (2008). "Neighborhood Watch," "Forest Comrade," in Pool literary journal. Pool.
- Bendall, M. A. (2008). "If On a Boat," "B-line to the Next Yard," "Fugitive Lullaby" for Western Humanities Review. Western Humanities Review.
- Bendall, M. A. (2007). "To Pay the Debt" "Blurry Evidence" for Tin House. Tin House.
- Bendall, M. A. (2007). "A Home Never Tried," "What Might Be a Gift" in Colorado Review. Colorado Review.
- Bendall, M. A. (2007). Poems forthcoming in American Hybrid: A Norton Anthology. Norton.
- Gertrude Stein Award for Innovative Poetry from Green Integer Press, 2006-2007
- Fine Press Book, INCANTATION, with prints by John O'Brien and poems by Molly Bendall was chosen to be displayed in Doheny Library's special show, "The Artists' Book", Spring 2007
- Served as judge for the Beau Boudreaux undergraduate poetry award., Spring 2011
- Organized five Creative Writing Lunch Meetings for undergraduates to meet, talk about issues related to the major, and hear speakers., 2009-2010
- member of the Art collective, help with editing and promoting of books, Series of Books for What Books from the Glass Table Art Collective, 2009-2010
- Member of Associated Writing Programs, 2003-2008
- Academy of American Poets, 2006-2007
- Poetry Reading at St. Mark's NYC, Spring 2011
- Poetry reading at Otis School of Art and Design, Spring 2009
Conferences and Other Presentations
Honors and Awards
Service to the University
Other Service to the University
Service to the Profession
Editorships and Editorial Boards
Media, Alumni, and Community Relations
- USC Dornsife Department of English
- 3501 Trousdale Parkway
- Taper Hall of Humanities 404
- University Park
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0354
- Fax: (213) 741-0377
- Phone: (213) 740 - 2808
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org