David RolloProfessor of English
Phone: (213) 740-3729
Office: THH 438
- B.A. , Emmanuel College, Cambridge, 1980
- M.A. , Emmanuel College, Cambridge, 1984
- Ph.D. , Princeton, 1988
- Adeline Arnold Loridans Professor, French, Agnes Scott College, 1997-1999
- Associate Professor, French, Dartmouth College, 1994-1997
- Assistant Professor, French, Dartmouth College, 1988-1994
- Visiting Instructor/Assistant Professor, French, Dartmouth College, 1987-1988
- Lecteur d'Anglais, Université Française de l'Océan Indien, La Réunion, 1980-1982
- Visiting Assistant Professor, English, University of Southern California, 1990-1991
- Rollo, D. I. (2011). Kiss My Relics: Hermaphroditic Fictions of the Middle Ages. Chicago, Il: University of Chicago Press.
- Rollo, D. I. (2011). Alain de Lille, The Plaint of Nature: A New Translation from the Latin.
- Rollo, D. I. (2000). Glamorous Sorcery: Magic and Literacy in the High Middle Ages. Minneapolis, MN: The University of Minnesota Press.
- Rollo, D. I. (1998). Historical Fabrication, Ethnic Fable and French Romance in Twelfth-Century England. Lexington. KY: French Forum.
- USC or School/Dept Award for Teaching, General Education Teaching Awards, 2000-2001
Academic Appointment, Affiliation, and Employment History
Tenure Track Appointments
Non-Tenure Track Appointments
Visiting and Temporary Appointments
Description of Research
Summary Statement of Research Interests
Medieval English, French and Latin literature, with a particular emphasis on: 12th-century perceptions of ethnic and cultural difference; literacy and exclusion; hermaphroditism
Honors and Awards
- USC Dornsife Department of English
- 3501 Trousdale Parkway
- Taper Hall of Humanities 404
- University Park
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0354
- Fax: (213) 741-0377
- Phone: (213) 740 - 2808
- Email: email@example.com