Contact InformationE-mail: email@example.com
- B.A. Russian, University of Maryland, College Park, 12/2009
- M.A. Russian, University of Southern California, 08/2013
Summary Statement of Research Interests
- My research explores Tolstoy's philosophical influences, especially Rousseau, and their relationship with depictions of animals in Tolstoy's works. I am also interested in biblical themes and devices in Tolstoy's works and in Nabokov's engagement with the philosophical and aesthetic legacies of Tolstoy.
- Tolstoy, animals, Rousseau, Biblical themes, Nabokov, Pushkin, poetry
- California Slavic Colloquium, 4/2014
- “Rousseau and Russian Literature,” Gorky International Literature Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 11/2012
- “Tolstoy and Rousseau,” Russian State Tolstoy Museum at Iasnaia Poliana, Russia, 6/2012
- California Slavic Colloquium, 4/2012
Schmuck, L. L. (2014). Isnopolianskii sbornik 2014. Russian State Tolstoy Museum. pp. 249-262.
Guest Lectures in Courses
- SLL330: Russian Thought and Civilization Alcoholism in Russian and Venedict Erofeev's "Moscow to the End of the Line", 11/2012
Honors and Awards
- Center for Excellence in Teaching TA Fellow, 2014-2015