View Faculty Video
Stanley HueyAssociate Professor of Psychology and American Studies and Ethnicity
Phone: (213) 821-2058
Office: SGM 905
Faculty Profile on Departmental Website
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1/1998
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1/1994
- B.A. Psychology, Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley, 1/1990
Description of Research
Summary Statement of Research Interests
Stan Huey, Assistant Professor of Psychology, received his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from UCLA in 1998. He joined the USC psychology faculty in 2000. Dr. Huey’s research targets three primary areas: (1) psychotherapy effects with children and adolescents, (2) culture-responsive treatments for ethnic minorities, and (3) psychotherapy mechanisms that lead to clinical change. His work has appeared in the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Journal of Abnormal Psychology, and Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology.
(Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1998) Associate Professor of Psychology and ASE: Culture and mental health, psychosocial problems in urban settings, community-based interventions.
- Advancing Scholarship in the Humanities and Social Sciences. Pilot Test of an Employment-Based Intervention for Emancipating Foster Care Youth: Study tests the feasibility of implementing an employment-based intervention (the Behavioral Employment Program – BEP) for emancipating foster youth , $24,677, 2009-2010
- Huey Jr., S. J., Polo, A. (2010). Assessing the effects of evidence-based psychotherapies with ethnic minority youths. 2nd pp. 451-465. New York, NY: Guilford.
- Huey, S. J., McDaniel, D. D., Smith, C. A., Pearson, C., Griffin, J. P. (2010). Gang-involved, African American youth: An overview. The psychology of African American boys and young Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
- Pan, D., Huey Jr., S. J., Hernandez, D. (2011). Culturally-adapted versus standard exposure treatment for phobic Asian Americans: Treatment efficacy, moderators, and predictors. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology. Vol. 17 (1), pp. 11-22.
- Huey Jr., S. J., Polo, A. (2008). Evidence-based psychosocial treatments for ethnic minority youth. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology.
- Cespedes, Y. M., Huey Jr., S. J. (2008). Depression in adolescent Latinos: A cultural discrepancy perspective. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Mental Health.
- Huey Jr., S. J., Pan, D. (2006). Culture-responsive one-session therapy for phobic Asian Americans: A pilot study. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training/American Psychological Association. Vol. 43, pp. 549-554.
- Huey Jr., S. J. (2004). Multisystemic therapy effects on attempted suicide by youths presenting psychiatric emergencies. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Vol. 43, pp. 183-190.
- Department of American Studies & Ethnicity
- University of Southern California
- 3620 South Vermont Avenue
- Kaprielian Hall 462
- Los Angeles, California 90089-2534
- Phone: (213) 740 - 2426
- Email: email@example.com