Jim KincaidProfessor Emeritus of English and Aerol Arnold Professor Emeritus of English
Phone: (213) 740-3753
Office: THH 410
- B.S. , Case Western Reserve University
- M.A. , Case Western Reserve University
- Ph.D. English, Case Western Reserve University
- Kincaid, J. R. (2007). Wendell and Tyler. to agent.
- novels, 4 novels finished/revised and sent to agent, 2006-2007
- USC Endowed Chair, Aerol Arnold Chair in English and Professor of English, 1/1/1987-
- USC Raubenheimer Outstanding Senior Faculty Award, for Teaching and Scholarship, 2000
- Guggenheim Fellowship Recipient, 1973
- Editorial Board Member, PMLA, 1977-1980
Description of Research
Summary Statement of Research Interests
Professor Kincaid researches critical theory, American Studies and Queer studies. Before coming to USC in 1987, he taught at Ohio State, Berkeley, and Colorado. Kincaid's earlier work in Victorian literature and culture and in literary theory has yielded to publication in cultural studies, most recently in the history and current cultural practices of eroticizing children and instituting elaborate scapegoating rituals to disguise what we are doing. He regularly teaches classes in criminality/lunacy/perversion, in age studies, in censorship, and in other areas of literary, political, and cultural studies.
Victorian literature and culture, sexuality studies, cultural studies