Why Support CALIS?
Our outreach is free to local urban schools and our online database of classroom materials is unrestricted.
Please support our commitment to make our services & resources freely accessible to students & teachers.
With an outreach model that is run by students for students, CALIS is a cost-effective program.
- What we have... AN AWARD-WINNING PROGRAM
- a validated approach - intellectually and pedagogically - for engaging America's youth in complex analysis of the lessons of history and in responding to contemporary issues
- a growing database - open to the worldwide web - with an extensive foundation of materials to test, build, and hone our strategies and sharpen our vision
- What we do... AN INTERACTIVE COLLABORATION
- outreach programs that engage USC students in local high schools, partnered with teachers - and that bring local students to campus to work with USC student mentors
- seminars for professors and teachers to dialog in the ongoing hands-on process of creating new frameworks and clear, substantive materials
- What we want… AN INNOVATIVE ALTERNATIVE
- to support leadership of our faculty, students, and partner teachers in the creation of an alternative approach to teaching and learning in high school social sciences
- to create a new paradigm supported by teaching resources and an ongoing professional dialog needed to realize the vision of vibrant social science classrooms
The mission is vital; the potential is dazzling.
Your support is greatly needed and deeply appreciated!
To make a donation, click here.
To contribute a testimonial that we can use as we seek new partners and sponsors, please contact CALIS with your comments.
Again, thank you!
- Center for Active Learning in International Studies
- CALIS is an outreach project of the School of International Relations.
- Phone: (213) 740 - 7794
- Email: email@example.com