We highly recommend all USC students interested in going to law school to meet with a pre-law advisor and attend our workshops and events. If you are interested in seeking additional pre-law resources, here are some other options, in no particular order:
* LSAC - www.lsac.org
LSAC's comprehensive services include: LSAT registration, free samples of the LSAT, CAS subscription, CAS transcript reports, letters of recommendation storage, law school applications, etc.
* USC Career Planning & Placement Center - www.careers.usc.edu
The USC Career Planning & Placement Center provides assistance in finding pre-law internships and pre-law related job postings.
* LawSchoolNumbers.com - www.lawschoolnumbers.com
Law School Numbers allows users to input their GPA and LSAT and compare it to others applying to law school and submit their admissions decision by school. The site generates a graph of admissions, rejections, and wait lists.
* Lawschooldiscussion.org - www.lawschooldiscussion.org
Law School Discussion provides a general forum for pre-law students and law students.
* Top Law Schools - www.top-law-schools.com
Top Law Schools provides a general forum for pre-law students and law students.
* The Ivey Guide to Law School Admissions by Anna Ivey
* Planet Law School: What You Need to Know (Before You Go) But Didn't Know to Ask by "Atticus Falcon, Esq."
* One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School by Scott Turow
* Law School Confidential: A Complete Guide to the Law School Experience by Robert H. Miller
* The Complete Law School Companion: How to Excel at America's Most Demanding Post-Graduate Curriculum by Jeff Deaver
* The Law School Admissions Game by Ann Levine
* Slaying the Law School Dragon: How to Survive (And Thrive) in First-Year Law School by George Roth
* The Law School Trip (The Insider's Guide to Law school) by Andrew J. McClurg
* Acing Your First Year of Law School: The Ten Steps to Success You Won't Learn in Class by Shana and Henry Noyes
* The Ivey Files - http://www.annaivey.com/iveyfiles
Provides helpful law school admissions info from a law school admissions and career counselor.
* Law School Expert Blog - http://www.lawschoolexpert.com/blog
Provides helpful law school admissions info from a law school admissions counselor.
* LSAT Blog: Ace the LSAT - http://lsatblog.blogspot.com
The LSAT Blog: Ace the LSAT is a blog created by Steve Schwartz, a professional LSAT tutor. He provides weekly tips on how to succeed on the LSAT.
*The Volokh Conspiracy - http://www.volokh.com
The Volokh Conspiracy is a group blog with regular contributions on law-related issues from law professors.
*AboveTheLaw.com - http://www.abovethelaw.com
AboveTheLaw.com takes a behind-the-scenes look at the world of law. The site provides news and colorful gossip about the profession’s most colorful personalities and powerful institutions, as well as original commentary on breaking legal developments.
* The Wall Street Journal Law Blog - http://blogs.wsj.com/law
The Wall Street Journal’s Law Blog covers the notable legal cases, trends and personalities of interest to the business community. Ashby Jones is the lead writer of the blog, which includes contributions from reporters of the WSJ’s Law Bureau, led by Joanna Chung. Ashby, who has covered the legal and business worlds for over a decade as a journalist, has also worked as a litigator at a law firm and clerked for a federal judge. This blog provides pre-law students with a look into how the law relates to business and economics.
* The Admissions Dean - http://www.admissionsdean.com
The Admissions Dean, similar to LawSchoolNumbers, allows applicants to submit their LSAT scores, GPAs, etc. and compare themselves to other applicants to determine their chances of being accepted to law school.
USC makes no guarantee of the accuracy of any information provided by third parties; these links are provided for reference only. For personalized advice, consult a Pre-law advisor at the College Advising Office.