The Section of Neurobiology of the Department of Biological Sciences is composed of a vibrant neuroscience community of faculty, students, post docs and technical specialists who pursue research aimed at understanding the basic biological mechanisms that underlie neuron and brain function. Areas of investigation span the range from structural biology to neural gene expression and neural network analysis.
Laboratories in the section are housed in the HEDCO Neuroscience Building on the UPC campus of USC where researchers have access to state of the art equipment for analyzing neural function. The Section is located in close proximity to the laboratories of faculty in Molecular and Computational Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Engineering, with whom we have formed many fruitful collaborations.
Our faculty maintain cutting-edge research programs that encompass the following areas:
- Behavior, Learning and Memory
- Cell Biology and Physiology of Neuronal Signaling
- Development, Disease and Repair
- Sensory Processing and Sensori-Motor Integration
- Systems Neuroscience
Neurobiology Section Head: David McKemy
- Department of Biological Sciences
- University of Southern California
- Allan Hancock Foundation Building
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0371
- Phone: (213) 740 - 1109
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org