Arts and Letters Registration Information
Instructions for Adding Arts and Letters (ARLT) 100g and 105g
During the First Three Weeks of the Fall 2014 Semester
- Check the online Schedule of Classes (www.usc.edu/soc) to make sure that the class enrollment is under 30 for an ARLT 100g. If you're trying to register for an ARLT 105g, make sure the enrollment is under 25.
- If ARLT 100g has 30 students enrolled (25 for ARLT 105g), we can’t add any more students to the class.
- If the class has fewer than 30 students enrolled (25 for ARLT 105g), download an Add/Drop form from the USC Registration Department.
- Get the professor’s signature on the form indicating his/her permission for you to register.
- Immediately after receiving the instructor’s signature, take the form to the General Education office, CAS 200 (the white, two-story building across from Taper Hall).
- If your request is approved by our office and the course instructor, you will be given departmental clearance.
Note: The submission of an endorsed Add/Drop form to the General Education office does not guarantee admission into the class. Permission to add an ARLT class is much easier to grant during the first or second week of the semester than it is during the third. Our office will try to contact students within 24 hours after receiving the add/drop form. ARLT 100 is only available to freshman and sophomores. Juniors and seniors must take ARLT 101. ARLT 105g is only available to first-time freshmen at USC.
The following courses have filled to maximum capacity. Our office is no longer accepting requests to add these courses.
- ARLT 100g, From Bebop to Doo Wop to Hip Hop: Evolution of an American Musical Literature
Section 35235, MW 12-1:50, Professor McCurdy
- ARLT 100g, Living Traditions of Hindu Yoga
Section 35245, MW 2-3:20, Professor Sherma
- ARLT 101g, Crime Stories: Eastern European Fiction from Crime to Punishment
Section 35420, TTh 12:30-1:50, Professor Krakus
If you have questions, you may contact us at (213) 740-2961.