Instructions for Adding Arts and Letters (ARLT) 100g and 105g
During the First Three Weeks of the Spring 2014 Semester
- Check the online Schedule of Classes (www.usc.edu/soc) to make sure that the class enrollment is under 30.
- If the class has 30 students enrolled, we can’t add any more students to the class.
- If the class has fewer than 30 students enrolled, download an Add/Drop form at
- Get the professor’s signature on the form indicating his/her permission for you to register.
- Immediately after receiving the instructor’s signature, take the form to the General Education office, CAS 200 (the white, two-story building across from Taper Hall).
- If your request is approved by our office and the course instructor, you will be given departmental clearance.
Note: The submission of an endorsed Add/Drop form to the General Education office does not guarantee admission into the class. Permission to add an ARLT class is much easier to grant during the first or second week of the semester than it is during the third. Our office will try to contact students within 24 hours after receiving the add/drop form. ARLT 100 is only available to freshman and sophomores. Juniors and seniors must take ARLT 101. ARLT 105g is only available to first-time freshmen at USC.
Closed Arts and Letters Sections
Our office is no longer accepting requests to add the following sections.
- ARLT 100g, The Living Traditions of Hindu Yoga
Section 35227, MW 12-1:50, Professor Sherma
Section 35234, TTh 12-1:50, Professor Sherma
- ARLT 100g, Living with Uncertainty
Section 35221, TTh 11-12:20, Professor Easwaran
- ARLT 100g, Modern Russian Art
Section 35200, TTh 8-9:20, Professor Bowlt