The B.A. in archaeology at USC provides both academic breadth and field focus. Archaeology majors will acquire an overview of the history of the discipline, exposure to the various and evolving theoretical perspectives that inform archaeology, and hands-on experience with basic and contemporary field technologies.
Students majoring in archaeology are strongly encouraged to gain direct experience through participation in fieldwork and research projects. Our faculty can help place students in programs here in Los Angeles or in diverse parts of the world.
- Anthropology Department, GFS 120
- Art History Department, VKC 351
- Classics Department, THH 256
- School of Religion, ACB 130
- USC Archaeology Research Center