ALI Summer Session
Students who want to improve their English before starting their degree programs should plan to take ALI classes in the summer. By taking English language classes in the summer, students will be better prepared for their academic course work in the fall. Also students may be able to complete their required ALI classes before the regular academic year begins, and then be able to concentrate all their efforts on their major studies in the fall.
The ALI offers summer courses both online (master's degree students only) and on campus. Students who wish to participate will need to take the International Student English (ISE) examination before classes start.
Online Summer Courses
Newly admitted master’s degree students have the option to begin taking ALI courses before they arrive on campus. The following two courses will begin June 10, 2013:
- ALI 244: High Intermediate Oral Skills (2 units)
- ALI 245: High Intermediate Writing Skills (2 units)
To learn more about the ALI courses being offered online, please call 847-979-3701 or email email@example.com.
Summer 2013 Dates
- ISE Examination: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for date and time.
- ALI Summer Classes: Wednesday, May 22 - Tuesday, July 2.
- ALI Summer Classes Online (ALI 244 and ALI 245): Monday, June 10 - Sunday, July 29
There is no fee for taking the ISE exam. Sign up to reserve your place for the ISE. On the day of the test, bring a picture ID (passport), your admission letter, a pen and a pencil. For more details about the ALI summer program, please email us at email@example.com.