Full-Time Faculty Positions
University of Southern California
American Language Institute
Full-Time, Non-Tenure-Track Teaching Position in ESL
The American Language Institute in the Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California, invites outstanding candidates to fill a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty position in ESL, with an anticipated start date of Fall 2012.
- Masters degree in TESOL or closely related field
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Five years university-level teaching experience in ESL
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in designing curricula and creating innovative materials
- Evidence of professional involvement in the field of TESOL
- Background in materials development in English for Academic Purposes
- Background in project collaboration
- Some experience in teaching English to science and technology graduate students
- Some experience in assessment and placement
- Teach academic English language courses in the program.
- Develop syllabi, course materials, and teaching notes for academic English language courses.
- Fulfill administrative duties by participating in meetings, testing, and special projects.
- Participate in the further development of the ALI program.
Please send or email a letter of application and a current resume, including contact information for at least three references to:Jim Cunningham, ALI AdministratorUSC/American Language Institute950 W. Jefferson Blvd.Los Angeles, CA 90089-1292Email: email@example.com
In order to be considered for this position, applicants are also required to submit an electronic USC application; follow this job link or paste in a browser: https://jobs.usc.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1334940163034. USC strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, are encouraged to apply.