Follow the seven (7) steps to use the USC Letter of Evaluation (LOE) Service for AADSAS
Please read the USC Dornsife College Office of Pre-Health Advisement Letter of Evaluation (LOE) Service webpage before proceeding.
Letters of evaluation are required as part of the dental school application process. For full instructions, please visit: AADSAS. By AADSAS definition, the letters of recommendation collected by the Office of Pre-Health Advisement can be classified as a Committee Letter** in the format of a Composite Letter, which consists of a cover letter from our office and a collection of individual recommendation letters that are attached. You, the applicant, will designate which schools will receive a “Committee Letter” on your AADSAS application. You have the option of submitting letters electronically or by mailing a paper letter to AADSAS. If the “Committee Letter” is to be submitted electronically, indicate in the evaluators’ section of AADSAS the name and contact information of the individual, Nathalie Zuletta, who will submit the letters.
**The Office of Pre-Health Advisement does not provide a committee letter for our applicants. By AADSAS definition, a “committee letter” comes in three different formats with one being a letter packet, which usually consists of a cover letter from an advising office and individual letters of recommendation for an applicant.
NOTE: Submitting letters electronically is fast, secure, and strongly encouraged.
Step I: Beginning March 15th Establish a Letter of Evaluation (LOE) Account Online
1. To create an LOE Account, click on “Sign Up” via our website. Creating this account will allow you to make payments, check on the status of letters received, and submit requests once your letter packet is complete.
2. Then click on VIEW LOE Application.
Step II: Complete the LOE Service Application
Part I. Application Contact Information
Part II. List of Evaluators
Part III. Payment
Part IV. Legal Agreement
- Students should only establish an LOE service account during their application year (one year prior to matriculation).
- Print the “Letter of Evaluation Service Application” and retain a copy for your records.
- Make sure to print (or pick up from FIG 107) the electronic cover sheet and recommender instructions provided through your USC LOR service account and provide a signed copy to all recommenders.
Step III: Letters of evaluation (LOE) and accompanying cover letters should be brought or sent to FIG 107 no later than Friday, August 1st, 2014 in the following ways:
- A letter may be hand-delivered to FIG 107 by the recommender OR the student, provided that it is in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature across the seal.
- A letter may be sent through campus mail by the recommender: Mail Code1266
- A letter may be mailed via U.S. Postal Service to:
University of Southern California
Dornsife College Office of Pre-Health Advisement Office
Attn: Pre-Health Service
3641 Watt Way-HNB 120
Los Angeles, CA 90089-2520
- A letter may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on electronic letterhead and must include an electronic signature. No Word documents please. PDF is highly recommended. NOTE: FAXED Letters of Recommendation will NOT be accepted.
STEP IV: Fill out the “Evaluators” section of the AADSAS application.
STEP 1: Reference Type: Choose “Electronic.”
STEP 2: Waiver: Waive your right to access this evaluation.
STEP 3: Is this a “Committee Letter?”: Choose “Yes.” If submitting a “Committee letter,” provide the name of the individual, Nathalie Zuletta, submitting the letter ONLY. Do not provide the names of the individual evaluators whose letters are contained in the “committee” packet.
STEP 4: Enter Nathalie Zuletta’s contact information as the “Evaluator”:
Evaluator’s Title: Mrs.
Evaluator’s First Name: Nathalie
Evaluator’s Last Name: Zuletta
Is this a Committee Letter? Yes
Evaluator’s School: University of Southern California
Evaluator’s Email: email@example.com
Evaluator’s Address: 3535 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90089-1266
STEP V: Once you begin receiving Secondary (Supplemental) Applications, request to release your letters to AADSAS via USC’s LOE Online Account.
Requests for letters of evaluation accompany secondary applications for dental schools. When you receive a secondary application and are prompted for letters of evaluation, complete each of the following steps:
- Log-in to your USC online LOE account.
- Complete and submit the USC LOE request form provided through your USC LOR account. Make sure to complete section 2e to select the dental schools of your choice from the drop-down menu.
- Students will not be given access to an LOE request form until ALL LOE have been received by the Office of Pre-Health Advisement. LOR request forms are processed within 5-7 business days of receipt.
Step VI. Check the status of your letters on AADSAS
Once the Office of Pre-Health Advisement forwards your letters to AADSAS, monitor the status of AADSAS receipt of evaluations in “My Application Status” on the front page of your AADSAS application.
Step VII. Confirm
Confirm that every school has received your letters by referring to the school’s website.
If you ever have any doubts about the status of your letters, e-mail Nathalie Zuletta, Administrative Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by the Pre-Health Advisement Office. Just keep in mind that it is a busy time, so wait at least 48 hours after your initial query before following up.