What is the 1880 Society?
In 1880, USC formally opened with a mere 53 students, 10 faculty, a band, a debate team and a college of liberal arts. Named for the year the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences was established at the university, the 1880 Society is a community of dedicated alumni, parents and friends who believe in the mission of USC Dornsife. Through their generosity and support, donors recognized in the 1880 Society help USC Dornsife reach even greater levels of excellence in undergraduate education, graduate training and outstanding research and scholarship.
How will my gift impact USC Dornsife?
One of the greatest priorities of USC Dornsife is to enrich the educational experience by providing numerous opportunities for students to pursue independent study, graduate level research and other activities that stretch traditional learning boundaries.
Gifts to USC Dornsife support a wide range of areas such as:
- Funding research in critical and emerging fields
- Helping in the recruitment of world-renowned faculty and outstanding students
- Providing merit- and need-based scholarships for undergraduates
- Supporting innovative academic and student enrichment programs including the Joint Educational Project (JEP), Problems Without Passports (PWP), Student Opportunities for Academic Research(SOAR) and the Summer Undergraduate Research Fund (SURF).
How do I join the 1880 Society?
Becoming part of the 1880 Society is easy! Simply choose the giving level that is right for you and the USC Dornsife department, unit or program that is most important to you.
- $25,000 (payable within five years)
- $1,000 or more (annually)
What courtesies can 1880 Society Donors expect?
As an expression of gratitude, the 1880 Society will provide donors special privileges and courtesies.
- Recognition in USC Dornsife Honor Roll Publications
- Personalized assistance with USC-related questions and requests
- A subscription to the USC Dornsife magazine
- Invitation to the Annual USC Dornsife Torchbearer Luncheon
- Invitations to private events and functions
- Complimentary campus parking (when available)
- Preferential seating at USC Dornsife functions (as well as commencement for Dean's level donors)
Please contact Jennifer Dunn Greenspan, Director of Constituent Relations at
(213) 740-4913 or email@example.com.